Men who bedwet

Don't tell anyone, I am embarrased. Sound familiar? Yep, but most men wet the bed at some time in their life, from a small child through to adolecense and into teens and adult hood. Stress is the biggest cause, especially when as teens you are facing exams. But sometimes this can continue into adult life. Many try to hide it but few succeed. It is not shamefull. It is a natural part of the body and mind. Some men sleep soundly especially after a few beers down the pub and do not wake up when nature takes its course. We can overcome this embarrasment, we just have to take responsibility of our shortcommings.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

gear for bedwetters

Well it is that time again, the time to buy new gear to overcome bed wetting. I have bought 4 new training pants, 3 flannel lined and one terry lined (trying terry out) a couple of new vinyl pants to replace a couple of pairs that have started to harden through use, and some bedding, as well as a couple of cloth diapers.

Bedding is just as important as the diaper to overcome bed wetting. Sure you have got a diaper on, maybe even vinyl pants or training pants over the top of the diaper, but there is always the chance of leakage, even if remote. I always cover my mattress in a vinyl sheet, but recently I did have a major leak while sleeping and although the mattress was protected, the top sheet and dooner was not. I always protect my pillow with a vinyl pillowslip covered with a pollycotton slip cover, but not my dooner. Well this time the dooner was affected, so now I have ordered a flat vinyl sheet to go between the top sheet and the dooner. I have also ordered a vinyl mattress protector which is an envelope that zips the mattress inside fully protecting the mattress from liquids and also bugs (don't let the bed bugs bite) and good for allergy sufferers.

So, for those regular bed wetters or those wanting full protection, a vinyl envelope mattress protector costs about $80 a flat sheet (mine is a king size) around $40 and 2 pillow covers in vinyl around $30 so all up $150 and you have full protection for at least 4 years before having to maybe replace. Should you have a leakage, then only the sheets have to be washed and any odor can be wiped away on the vinyl.

There are many styles of mattress protection, plastic, vinyl and nylon. Personally I prefer the vinyl. maybe it's because I have a great liking for vinyl (maybe even a fetish like) but I find plastic tears after a short while, and nylon just doesn't feel right to me. I wear vinyl pants over my diapers preferring the better softer grades, so a little more expensive. I live in the northern tropics of Australia so heat is a problem, but I do not have any problems sleeping on a vinyl sheet. I like the feel of the vinyl sheet below me and the security knowing my mattress is fully protected. So next time you are looking to replace some items, check out the vinyl bedding while you are at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment